Jun 21, 2009

Vintage Gingham! Classic Lovelieness




I Heart Handmade Red Gingham  ItemsImage by iheartlinen via Flickr

Yesterday I was super lucky and bought some darling fabrics from some sweet ladies. One bundle I brought home included quite a bit of vintage cotton gingham. I know gingham has not changed for many many years and I'm not even sure you could tell if it's VINTAGE gingham, a sure sign of an eternal classic! There are so many things you can do with gingham, but what to do with this lot I thought. I know what I'd like to do with it and that's make cards and buttons and hair bands and softies, so this led me to the idea of scrap packs. Here they are all done. Now I'm a roll I've just raided the fat quarter stack to make some more from vintage fabric. All the ones in my store sold last week so I know they are in demand. Off to work! Here's a photo I've borrowed (scroll over for credits) showing just some of the things you could do with gingham.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment