Oct 18, 2010

I don't have to shop for clothes anymore.

Today I had a few hours to kill while my car had it's 'Peace of Mind' service - their term not mine. So I wandered down the town and in and out of shops full of lovely clothes. 

I really wanted to buy something, I love shopping. And these were some of my favourite shops. Great brands, some on sale.
But I just couldn't do it. 

I saw shapes and stitching and unusual trims
I saw fabric and texture and pattern combinations, idea after idea. 
I didn't see just garments hanging on hangers. 
I didn't see one thing I couldn't make myself. 
It was a totally new experience for me and I was really not expecting it. 
So I walked out with plenty of ideas but nothing new to wear! Yet.
The world of sewing has opened up and I'm going in. 




No comments:

Post a Comment