Nov 18, 2011

Do you play?

For the last 10 and a half years the first thing I've done every morning is play. 
Bossy and I.
Early on it was for 1-2 hours at a time, then an hour, now days it's about 30 minutes, sometimes 40. 
We'd play all sorts of things from card and board games, through to pretend play, painting and crafts. We'd build toy's cars and houses, we'd dress dolls, tumble, chase, wrestle and hide. 

I love these times, I look back at those hours spent with her as some of the most precious, I wish I'd taken more notice of what we did and recorded it. 
I remember 'big sister little brother' this is where she was big sister and I was little brother. I was not allowed to do much, obviously. 

I always regarded our play time as a time when she was allowed to be 'boss' and so I go along, mostly happily.

It's one of the best things I've ever done and I hope we never stop playing. 



Little bear, giraffie, smelly bear.

Bossy and her disappearing bag.

Early morning play and coffee!

2 comments:

  1. hiya, and thanks for commenting! Yes pretty cute duck, went through a crazy for collecting old wooden toys.

    ReplyDelete