Feb 2, 2010

Enrollment Day ** Fashion Design & Technology c3

Well it was enrollment day today at TAFE NSW and I went along.

 


All the boxes are ticked, fees paid and signed. Amazingly I am NOT the oldest in the course! Big surprise at that. 

The Applied Fashion Design and Technology certificate III expanded this year to fill two classes rather than the usual one and they have also redesigned the subjects. 

Here are the subjects:

Use a Sewing Machine (they are huge industrial machines and overlockers)
OH&S (of course)
Modify Patterns to create basic styles (that's what I'm excited about)
Sew Components (yeah good, I think)
Design & produce a simple garment (OK! I like the fact that we get to design it first)

Screenprinting (but on fabric not paper)

Operate Computer Technology in TCF Workplace (?)

Identify Fabrics & fibres (I think I should get advanced standing for that one!)
Identify fabric performance & handling requirements. (great)


Plan and organise own work.

Work in the textile, clothing and footwear industry. (theory I guess)

It's all good, all stuff I am very interested in and I can't wait to begin!

But meanwhile work goes on... so
 here's some vintage fabric I put on the website on the weekend.

 
  
  

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATS!!! How excitement! I would LOVE to do something like that. Perhaps I'll live vicariously through you for the next couple of years. Best wishes for your studying!!! Monique ♥

    ReplyDelete