* my first sewing project
* how the market for Tafe went
My first real sewing since Tafe finished, a top, a pop-over top. Size 16 in the 1960s I think it's about an Australian 14.
And guess what? I did it all correctly, no fast tracking, no cutting corners.
I traced off the pattern, then traced the tracing onto my 'plan of action', I made changes and traced off a pattern which I cut out.
I used this Butterick pattern from about the 1960s, lowered the neck,
should have just used this pattern.
I also made it shorter and I'm amazed how completely different it looks to these pictures.
I used the same brown gingham fabric with brown flowers that I used on my Tafe top with. The sleeve holes are faced with the crisp 1950s cotton I made my Tafe pants out of. BossyGirl said it was a bit boring so I then added blue pom poms and bias trim on the neck (yes I take fashion advice from a 9 year old). It's all clipped, under stitched and over locked!!
It's so weirdly wonderful to be able to sew. And all in a day. Wow!
Now this one is for sale, I just need to put in the label and hand stitch up the hem.
How the market went.
You might also be wondering how the market went.
well it went fine. It was a rainy day and had it been only me I would have rolled over and gone back to sleep.
But the people came.
I sold 5 of my 8 aprons at $25 each plus some purses and some paper purses.
I was not unhappy.
However, I don't think it was a fantastic market going on the grumbling from the regulars after. When it's all going well you hear nothing only if things are slow do you hear how and why people are not buying.
That's market life.